Smoke, Ventilation & Access Control - AOV Rooflights
Designing provision for smoke control and ventilation is an essential element of good building design. At Xtralite we have developed a comprehensive range of options for roof light ventilation and automated systems to assist the dispersal of smoke in the event of a fire.
Designing provision for smoke control and ventilation is an essential element of good building design.
Safety has been at the forefront of Xtralite innovation and we have developed a comprehensive range of options for roof light ventilation and automated systems to assist in the dispersal of smoke in the event of a fire. We also offer solid lid rooflights and access hatches to enable planned or emergency maintenance and access, without compromising building security.
We have developed our range of modular smoke ventilation AOV rooflights to specifically mimic the Xtralite standard range of modular rooflights. This gives specifiers the opportunity to maintain the external aesthetics of the building by having rooflights and smoke vent to AOVs supplied from a single source.
R2 AOV Rooflights
The Xtralite R2 Automatic Opening Vent (AOV) Rooflight provides excellent thermal insulation with smoke ventilation control, and is available in a range of glazing options.
- CE certified, tested to EN 12101-2
- Glazed in glass, polycarbonate or a solid metal lid
- Available in thermally broken insulated metal to achieve a U Value as low as 1.0W/m2K°
- A non-insulated versation can be supploed wich is suitable for unheated spaces such as smoke shafts
- Opens fully to 140°
- Supplied white as standard but can be powder coated to any RAL colour
Incorporating louvred vents into a rooflight system design provides a simple but effective way of adding smoke control and ventilation to your roof project. With a choice of finishing options, key features and benefits include:
- CE certified, tested to EN 12101-2
- Blades can be polycarbonate, metal or glass
- Designed to be installed onto a preformed builder's upstand. If direct to roof fixing is required an additional upstand can be supplied
- Suitable for 0° to 90° pitch
- The frame is not insulated therefore the unit is not designed for use over a heated space
- Typically manufactured in mill finish but can be polyester powder coated to any standard RAL colour on request
Bespoke Smoke Vents
One of the benefits of working with a UK manufacturer like Xtralite, is our ability to produce bespoke, customised solutions to customer requirements.
This facility includes the opportunity to design and build bespoke, made to measure smoke vents, tailored to the extact requirements of the building project.
The Xtralite Multi-Jet Louvre is a dual-purpose unit which has all of the functions and features of our louvered smoke vents with the addition of natural ventilation built into the sides of the unit.
Xtralite Penthouse Louvres are designed to provide natural ventilation but not smoke control into rooflight projects. Penthouse Louvres are a non-insulated product and therefore only suitable for use in unheated spaces.
Xtralite Penthouse Louvres are custom made to bespoke sizing , designed to suit the specific roof opening and ventilation area required. They can be supplied with a metal lid or polycarbonate glazing.
Penthouse Louvres are supplied white as standard but can be powder coated to any RAL colour.
Control Panels & Accessories
We provide a range of options to assist with smoke control management. Our standard control pack includes a battery back-up control panel which can deliver up to 8A to drive 24V actuators.
The new Xtralite Access Hatch is a single leaf, aluminium unit with fully insulated thermal break and seal to reduce the risk of draughts and condensation.
Key features of the Xtralite Access Hatch are:
- 1.7mm aluminium construction
- 40mm insulation with a U-value of 0.5W/m2K°
- 300mm height break with 40mm insulation
- Fully sealed lid
- Variable internal and external push pad locking option
- Gas spring operation