The X-Two range of rooflights represents the next generation of rooflight design featuring many product innovations. The unique suite of interchangeable PVCu extrusions are designed to ensure both splayed and vertical kerbs are available to suit a precise height enabling the kerb to be fixed direct to the roof deck no matter what the depth of insulation required.
Suitable for all popular roofing membranes.
Hit & Miss, Rota, Worm Gear Opening and Electrical Chain Drive Ventilation.
Non Fragile – All polycarbonate rooflights achieve Class B rating to ACR[M]001:2014, Glass options are available with a Class 2 “deemed to satisfy” specification in accordance with CWCT TN92.
Fire Performance – BS 476 Pt7 – Class 1. TPa rated
Standard Sizes Ex Stock.
Bespoke Sizes available.
Fully thermally broken, and as standard the X-Two is supplied with triple glazed polycarbonate glazing in either dome or pyramid and offers a Ud Value of 1.6W/m2 oK. X-Two is also available in a range of glass specifications to meet specific site requirements.
Xtralite has developed a unique mounting system to aid attachment and make the installation process much simpler.
X-Two Splayed and the X-Two Vertical kerb (NB Vertical kerbs offer up to 40% greater daylight area)
Common features include 2mm inner and outer kerb wall with a minimum 15mm air gap, double gaskets between glazing and top of kerb. Fixing chambers drained to the outside of the building. 60mm protection cover at the weather edge of the membrane
|Kerby Type D|
Fixing direct to an existing or new builders
All of the above roof attachments or kerb types can be supplied with a range of ventilation options.
- The redesigned Rota ventilation system offers a maximum of 80cm squared per linear meter when fully opened which provides increased levels of ventilations over traditional rooflight vents
- The system now directs air flow upward which reduces the risk of downdraughts and condensation forming
- External vent openings are fully protected to reduce risk of moisture and roof grit entering the interior space
- For the end-user the vent is actuated by a continuous T section which allows the unit to be easily opened and closed to a desired aperture
- Vent can be opened fully or 50% - which means that ventilation areas can be controlled
- Ventilation system fully drained – reducing the risk of water ingress.
Choice of glazing Media, polycarbonate, glass, or a combination of both – which means that it can meet the specific glazing performances in terms of fire, sound attenuation, U Value, G Value and impact resistance.
Triple glazed from enhanced UV Protected polycarbonate in domes or pyramids as standard.
Can be supplied complete with an intruder grid which locates between the rooflight kerb attachment and roof to reduce the risk of unwelcome intruders. In the case of Access hatches grids can be manufactured hinged and lockable.
Dometec is a new dui-skinned roof dome concept that achieves superior acoustic performance to traditional triple skinned polycarbonate domes.
Combining Dometec technology into an X2 rooflight will achieve:
- Light Transmission 56%
- g-value 0.55
- Ud-value 1.8w/m2k
- Sound reduction 25Rw
- Rain generated sound 60.3dB
Dometec technology delivers:
- Improved light diffusion
- Shadow-less light
- Significant sound attenuation reduction
- Thermal properties meet Building Regulations Part L
- TPa Class 1 BS 476 fire (can be deemed class 0)
Size and Shape
The X-Two rooflights are bespoke products and a range of shapes are available including those shown here:
Guide Sizes (mm)
|600 x 600||1200 x 1200||600 x 900||900 x 1800|
|750 x 750||1350 x 1350||600 x 1200||900 x 2400|
|900 x 900||1500 x 1500||600 x 1500||1000 x 1500|
|1000 x 10000||1800 x 1800||1000 x 2000||1000 x 2000|
|1050 x 1050||1200 x 1500||1200 x 1500|
|1200 x 1800||1200 x 1800|
|1200 x 2400||1200 x 2400|
NB: Virtually any size can be accomodated - up to a maximum of 1200 mm x 2400 mm.
Manufactured by Xtralite with a 20 year insurance protected guarantee and fully compliant with all applicable UK Building Regulations and Health and Safety Requirements.
How to specify Xtralite rooflights
To find a full range of PDF and CAD drawings for the Xtralite range, click on the following to go to the downloads section: