What Personal Information Do We Collect And Why Do We Collect It?
3. We will collect personal information about you when you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself. This will include contact information, for example a name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number, and may also include information about your company including your position, the company name and type of business. We will collect personal information via our Contact Us pages, and newsletter sign up function.
5. The personal data which we collect from you and information obtained from other sources will be held and used for the proper administration of our business including to ensure that the content, services and functionality that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. Personal data collected via our job application facility will be used for the purposes of making recruitment decisions. We may also keep a record of those parts of the Website you use most often to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts are of most interest to you. We may from time to time use your information to provide you with an update about our services and products. You can at any time send an email to email@example.com if you decide you no longer wish to receive this information.
6. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out in paragraph 5. We will retain copies of any communications that you send to us (including copies of any emails) in order to maintain accurate records of the information that we have received. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for the purposes set out in paragraph 5, for example to our postal service provider. We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
7. We or our business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods and services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this when you submit your contact details to us on the relevant pages of the Website.
8. We currently send our customers an email newsletter every month to keep them informed of new products and seasonal offers. We will only send this electronic information to you if you specifically state that you wish your details to be used for that purpose by ticking the appropriate box.
9. You may at any time change your marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information a website stores on your computer. They are usually there to make your browsing experience more enjoyable, or to gather information about the website user’s behaviour.
There are two types of Cookie:
- Session Cookies - These cookie files are erased when you close your browser. This cookie stores your browsing information and will be active until you leave a site and close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies - These files stay in one of a browser's subfolder until they are deleted manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie's file. You can set your browser to automatically remove these cookies on login off.
For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are an important part of the internet. They make using our website much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of the website.
What cookies does the Xtralite website use?
Enabling you to share Xtralite stories and page content via social media components, like Facebook and Twitter.
We like to anonymously keep track of user behaviour to help us keep the website content relevant and up to date. It's also useful to identify trends of how people navigate through the site.
If you don’t want these cookies to be used when visiting the Xtralite website, you can remove them by following these simple steps:
- Click Tools & select Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab, and select Advanced.
- Click Override automatic cookie handling.
- Specify how you wish to handle cookies from first-party Websites and third-party Websites
Accessing Your Data and Making Sure it is Accurate
11.You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you would like to see a copy of the information we hold about you, your personal details change or you have any queries about how we use your information please contact us at:
Jim Lowther Xtralite Ltd,
Blyth Riverside Business Park,
Tel: +44 (0) 1670 354157
Fax:+44 (0) 1670 364875
Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 17:30 (GMT)
Links To Other Websites